Marketing Quiz Whiz
1. What completes Brooke Shield's advertising slogan, "Nothing comes between me and my..."?
2. Free Marketing! On whose catwalk did Naomi Campbell fall??
Jean Paul Gaultier
3. What was the first music video broadcast to launch MTV?
In the Air Tonight
Video Killed The Radio Star
Girls On Film
4. What is the name of the classical music used in the British Airways TV ad campaigns?
Delibes - Flower Duet from "Lakmé"
Dvorak's Symphony No. 9, Opus 95, "From the New World"
Handel - Sarabande in D Minor from "Suite Eleven"
5. Was Coca-Cola featured on the huge neon advertisement in the townscape on the film "Blade Runner"?
6. In 1999 which company mistakenly advertised 21 inch television sets for £3 which should have been priced at £299.99 on its website?
7. Did Guinness'
cost an estimated $16 million to make and to date is the second most expensive TV ad ever made?
8. Who featured in the "Hello Boys" Wonderbra billboard campaign?
9. For the Honda Accord - "When things just work" (The cog), how many takes did it take to achieve the one-shot sequence of a tiny cog rolling slowly along the ground and setting off an elaborate chain reaction culminateing in the production of a gleaming Honda Accord?
10. Who was the first woman of colour ever to appear on the cover of Vogue?
Donyale Luna - 1966: British Vogue
Beverly Johnson - 1974: American Vogue
Naomi Campbell - 1988: French Vogue
You think you are a marketing whizz? Your marketing quiz Score is...
The fire is...